Meal Planning Monday - the last week of term edition

Its the last week of term here for the kids and we're on a tight budget. We're off to Winchester at the end of the Easter holidays and before that Birmingham to see Neb's parents so we need to save money for diesel yet still feed the kids. Also as they are off next week, I need to make sure that we have enough food in the house to keep them from moaning they are hungry! I can feel some baking happening so that there are sweet treats for them!

Anyway, this meal plan has been written by searching cookbooks and the web as I wanted something which would eke out the food we have! I've also added an extra * for things I will need.

Monday - Lamb Chops, Vegetables, Potatoes and Gravy *will need to buy some veg!

Tuesday -  Twice Baked Potato * more cheese

Wednesday - Toad in the Hole * need plain flour

Thursday - Homemade Pizza * mozzarella

Friday - Penne and Sausage Pasta

Saturday - Steak and Chips 

Sunday  -Roast Chicken, Veg and trimmings * need chicken at some point

The plan may vary a bit from this depending on our mood and what everyone wants to eat.

I will have to do a small shop tonight as we are running low on bread and will pick up the other items then.

If anyone has any frugal kid friendly suggestions for meals for next week then please let me know in the comments!

BNM